The Florida Gators held Kentucky on their first drive of the sport. It appeared that Kentucky did the identical when Florida obtained the ball, however a faux punt after which a 56-yard landing go from Kyle Trask to Kyle Pitts obtained issues began on the scoreboard for the Gators. After the Gators turned it over, Kentucky drives 39 yards and finishes with a four-yard landing go from Terry Wilson to Keaton Upshaw. The Gators stall once more and the Wildcats would come again with an 87-yard drive capped off with a 22-yard area aim by kicker Matt Ruffolo. With a little bit little bit of trickery on the play, Florida punt returner Kadarius Toney returned a punt 50 yards to provide the Gators the lead earlier than half.
The second half begins with a landing connection between Trask and Pitts for the second time on the day and the Gators prolong their lead. Evan McPherson provides to the scoring with a 24-yard area aim. Trask and Pitts stretch the lead once more with their third landing of the day. McPherson stretches the Gator lead with a 40-yard area aim.
Scoring and Spotlight Performs
Florida 7 Kentucky 0 (Gators TD, 6 performs, 83 yards)
6:03… The Gators appeared to stall and lined as much as punt on 4th and a couple of from their very own 25, however working again Dameon Pierce took the brief snap and pulled off the faux punt to go for 15 yards and a primary down. Two performs later Florida quarterback Kyle Trask discovered tight finish Kyle Pitts behind the secondary and related on a 63-yard landing strike. It was Trask’s thirty second TD go of the 12 months and the ninth TD reception for Pitts.
** fumble by Florida receiver Justin Shorter offers the ball to the Wildcats on the Florida 38.
Florida 7 Kentucky 7 (Wildcats TD, 6 performs 38 yards_
11:18… Benefiting from the turnover, Wildcat quarterback Terry Wilson threw for 13 yards and a primary down on the fist play after which completed issues off with a four-yard landing go to Keaton Upshaw.
Florida 7 Kentucky 10 (Wildcats FG, 14 performs, 87 yards)
2:13… Kentucky methodically strikes nearly the total size of the sector with the longest play being a scramble by quarterback Wilson. The Gators maintain on the 5 yard line and Wildcat kicker Matt Ruffolo kicks a 22-yard area aim o give the Wildcats the lead.
Florida 14 Kentucky 10 (Gators TD, Punt return)
0:42… The Forida punt return group pulled off a pleasant faux honest catch name by Xzavier Henderson and the ball went to a large open Kadarius Toney who went untouched into the top one from 50 yards out.
Florida 21 Kentucky 10 (Gators TD, 5 performs, 75 yards)
12:35… Aided by a couope of face masks penalties and a go interference name towards the Wildcats, Trask hit Pitts for his or her second landing connection of the day for simply two yards and the Gators etend their lead.
Florida 24 Kentucky 10 (Gators FG, 7 performs 50 yards)
5:58… The massive play on the drive was a protracted go from Trask to receiver Jacob Copeland on the primary play for 42 yards. The Gators stalled after attending to the Kentucky two yard line and settled for an Evan McPherson 34-yard area aim.
** Kentucky’s Wilson intercepted by Florida linebacker Mohamoud Diabate.
Florida 31 Kentucky 10 (Gators TD, 3 performs, 12 yards)
3:36… Only a brief area and Trask and Pitts hook up once more for his or her third landing go and reception of the day. This one a little bit inside out transfer on the aim line on the left aspect of the sector for seven yards.
** Florida working again Nay’Quan Wright fumbles deep in Florida territory and after a penalty the Wildcats have the ball on the Florida 37.
** Florida’s Evan McPherson misses a 45-yard area aim try.
** The Gator’s Shawn Davis intercepts Wilson and returns the ball eight yards to the Florida 46 yard line.
Florida 34 Kentucky 10 (Gators FG, 7 performs, 32 yards)
8:18… McPherson obtained again on monitor with a 40-yard area aim to stretch the Gators’ lead.
** Interception by Gators freshman security Tre’Vez Johnson.
No. 6 Florida is again in motion on Saturday with an early midday kickoff towards Kentucky within the Swamp. The Gators have had points with the Wildcats in recent times, with a number of of the contests extraordinarily hard-fought video games since coach Mark Stoops took over in Lexington.
Nonetheless, Florida may have star tight finish Kyle Pitts again and enters the sport as a 24.5-point favourite.
Quarterback Kyle Trask might be seeking to proceed his run on the Heisman Trophy — although he’ll inform you he is centered solely on serving to the group win — by distributing the ball nicely towards a Kentucky protection that may step up and problem receivers with tight, bodily protection.
You may preserve updated with all the newest with staffers Thomas Goldkamp, Bob Redman and Blake Alderman following the motion and offering commentary and dialogue. We’ll have dwell updates all through the pre-game and commentary as soon as the sport begins, so bounce in and be part of the dialogue.
We’ll even have intensive post-game updates from gamers and coaches.
Throughout the sport, you may as well bookmark this web page. Will probably be up to date all through the sport with key scoring drives, turnovers and related stats and data. Be a part of the dialogue on our message boards on the hyperlink under.
No. 6 Florida vs Kentucky
Kickoff: 12:00 p.m. ET from Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
Dwell Stream: fuboTV
Radio: Gators IMG Community (Station List)
Hear On-line: HERE
Dwell Stats Replace On-line: HERE
Betting Strains: Florida is at present a 24.5 level favourite over Kentucky in response to William Hill Sportsbook
– The Gators’ 313 factors mark their third-highest whole via the primary seven video games of any season at school historical past, solely trailing the 1996 Gators (366) and 1994 Gators (339).
– Florida has scored 35-plus factors in 9 consecutive video games, breaking a college file set in 2008 (eight video games from Oct. 4-Nov. 29) and 1996 (first eight video games). The seven straight 35-point outings towards SEC groups additionally broke a college file put collectively throughout the 1996, 2008 streaks.
– The Gators have crushed three SEC opponents by at the least 20 factors for the primary time since 2009 (additionally three such wins).
– Florida is coming off its third sport of 400-plus passing yards this season, marking the primary time since 2001 and sixth time in program historical past it has three such outings in a season. Earlier occurrences have been: 2001 (seven instances), 1998 (5), 1995 (4), and 1994 and 1993 (three apiece).
– With a win this week, Dan Mullen would go Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer for one of the best 34-game begin by a head coach in UF historical past. All three posted similar 27-6 information via 33. Spurrier and Meyer each misplaced their thirty fourth sport.
– Kyle Trask’s 31 landing passes not solely lead the nation by 5, they’re tied with Tulsa’s David Johnson (2008) and Texas Tech’s Graham Harrell (2007) for the second-highest whole via seven video games in FBS historical past. Solely Texas Tech’s B.J. Symons (32 in 2003) threw for extra in his group’s first seven video games.
» The 2 different FBS quarterbacks with over 23 landing passes have performed at the least eight video games.
– In simply seven video games, Trask broke the SEC file for landing passes in league video games, eclipsing the file collectively held by LSU’s Joe Burrow (28 in 2019) and Florida’s Danny Wuerffel (28 in 1995).
– Trask ranks second nationally in passing yards per sport (364.9) and fifth in passer ranking (197.09).
– As a group, Florida’s 33 landing passes lead the nation by 4, and the one different groups with greater than 24 landing passes this season have all performed at the least eight video games in comparison with Florida’s seven.
– The Gators are the one FBS group that includes three gamers with at the least six landing receptions this 12 months, numbers reached by Kyle Pitts (eight), Kadarius Toney (seven), and Trevon Grimes (six). They’re the primary Gators trio with six-plus landing receptions since 2001 (Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, Taylor Jacobs).
– Grimes has a landing reception every of the final 4 video games, becoming a member of Toney (first 4 video games of this season), Percy Harvin (six video games from Sept. 20-Nov. 1, 2008), and Dallas Baker (5 video games – the ultimate two of 2005, and first three of 2006) as the one Gators since 2002 with landing catches in 4 straight video games.
– Florida is the one FBS group that includes 5 gamers with at the least three landing receptions this season, and it’s certainly one of 5 FBS groups (Arkansas State, Liberty, Marshall, Texas) with 10 totally different gamers with a landing catch.
– Kyle Trask continues to be one of the best Gators quarterback, statistically, since Tim Tebow, however his numbers additionally resemble 2001 Heisman runner-up Rex Grossman and different Gators from Steve Spurrier’s “Enjoyable ‘n’ Gun” period.
– With six-touchdown outings towards at Ole Miss and towards Arkansas, Trask grew to become the seventh quarterback in SEC historical past with a number of six-touchdown passing performances in a profession. The one Gators with two such video games are Danny Wuerffel (two) and Terry Dean (two).
– With four-plus passing touchdowns in six video games this 12 months, Trask is the primary participant in Gators historical past to throw 4 landing passes six instances in a season. Danny Wuerffel (1995, 1996) was the one one to do it 5 instances.
– UF leads the SEC with 3.00 sacks per sport and is tied for second within the league with 6.43 TFLs per sport.
– Florida has 10 takeaways this season, bringing its whole for the reason that begin of 2018 as much as 59 — which is tied for thirteenth amongst FBS groups.
– Though it fell right into a 14-0 gap and gave up 136 yards on Georgia’s first two possessions, the Gators’ protection responded and allowed simply 141 yards on 51 performs (2.76 yards per play).
– That end resembled its begin to the Missouri sport. Previous to the ultimate two defensive drives towards Missouri — by which era UF constructed a 41-10 lead — the Gators gave up simply 172 whole yards and didn’t cede a landing to the Tigers’ offense.
– Additionally towards Missouri, Florida additionally had its greatest efficiency when going through at the least 15 third down makes an attempt (3-15 / 20 %) since final 12 months’s rout of Vanderbilt, when it held the Commodores to 3 of 15 on third down.
– In consecutive weeks towards Georgia and Arkansas, Florida allowed Georgia to transform simply two of its 13 third downs (15.4 %), and Arkansas to transform simply three of 9 third downs.
– The Gators snared three interceptions within the win over Georgia, setting a season excessive for takeaways.
– Florida, FloridaAtlantic, Oklahoma State, San Diego State, and Tennessee have been the one FBS groups with at the least three interceptions in three totally different video games final season.
– Final season, UF completed seventh nationally in scoring protection (15.5 factors), posted three shutouts for the primary time since 1988, and was certainly one of two FBS groups (Oregon being the opposite) to carry 5 opponents with out an offensive landing. The 23 offensive touchdowns allowed by the Gators final season have been tied for the fourth-lowest whole nationally, and the fewest they surrendered since 2012.